Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Confessions of a mom living in a recession




Many have asked where I went to get Karli's hair cut. They may be asking because it looks good or they may be asking so they can avoid the place-who knows! I need to confess that I cut it myself. Now before you all start feeling sorry for me (or for her) I need to say it was by choice. Blaine's job has never been better. But the prior year and a half has really made me start looking into what I can do for my family as opposed to what I can pay someone else to do for my family. I can really say that it all adds up. So until Karli can tell me that her hair looks bad, I think we can keep playing salon in the kitchen. Now, Blaine's personal job hasn't been in trouble with this economy yet, but his industry is in shambles. So who knows, maybe in the future we won't have $$ for those cute hair cuts-but at least my kids won't realize it!

Here's to all you mom's out there who have less to work with but still make it work!!

3 comments:

Des said...

Her hair looks so cute! I love it short like that and good job on the cut! I am impressed. Fortunately I will never have to travel down that road. We have too many beauticians in my family. It would be a scary thing if the hair cuts were left up to me! :)

amy16 said...

supper cute cut! At the Rex's our hair cuts usually include kitchen salon, but mom's not usually involved. Your results are much better.

Here's to budgeting!

Nicole Scoubes said...

First Off there is nothing wrong with cutting your own kids hair, esspecially when it turns out like that! hats off to you Kayti, i wish I could come get my hair cut by you too! and you know it's what I do, some of my students at the beauty school dont ever give that good of a cut, keep it up! love ya Nicole