Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The GREAT Harvest

I have been so blessed. Our garden turned out beautifully. We've had a daily practice of making sure the watering is plenty, the weeding and thinning is done and watching our garden. Now we have a daily practice of picking our harvest. There is so much joy in that. I remember talking with Blaine at dusk almost every night thinking that it may not turn out as well as other years. But together we worked daily and are enjoying a great harvest.
I can't help but think of our family like our garden. We work so hard daily to read the scriptures, practice the piano, read good books, speak kindly, and practice other skills. But it seems as though there is constant weeding that needs to be done. Is the watering just right?-or is it too much? Are we planting enough? I look forward to the great harvest when all is said and done.
My grandfather "Bo" just recently passed away and I look at the "garden" he grew with his beautiful wife. He has had a great harvest for many years now and will for eternity as his family has turned out great with a love for the gospel. What a great example they are to me and my family who strive to be like them.

1 comment:

Des said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa, Kayti. Having just gone through that at the beginning of the summer I know it's not fun. But, it does make me so thankful for the knowledge I have of where my grandpa is and that I will see him again. I don't know how people deal with death without that knowledge. Your harvest looks great. We've had fun with our garden this year too. Each year we get a little better at it. Maybe next year we will get everything planted on time so we're not picking watermelons in October! :) We need to go to lunch one of these days. I need some grown-up girl talk time.